A run is an enclosed yard for your chickens to move around in during the day. If you allow your hens to ‘free range’, you might not want a run at all. I make my runs secure from predators eliminating the daily chore of letting them out of the coop in the morning and and locking them back in each night.
A run can be as simple as enclosing the area underneath your raised coop with mesh, or much larger and more elaborate. Recommended space per hen is 10 square feet. More often than not I design and quote a run with you on-site when I bring your coop, then come back a few days later to build the run. Please contact us to discuss your custom run, but here are some prices that I work with:
Cedar Runs with heavy duty 1/2″x1″ 16 gauge mesh (price is per linear foot of circumference)
- $16 per linear foot of 3-foot tall structure
- $18 per linear foot of 4-foot tall structure
- $20 per linear foot of 5-foot tall structure
- $22 per linear foot of 6-foot tall structure
Run access door
- $38 32″x3-foot tall door
- $48 32″x4-foot tall door
- $58 32″x5-foot tall door
- $68 32″x6-foot tall door
- $1.20 per linear foot of anti-tunneling skirt (12″ mesh skirt attached to outside base of coop)
- $35/hr to dig-in skirt (or we can provide the material and you can do it yourself)
- $2 per square foot of fully meshed floor, installed
- $No Charge – substitute economy grade galvanized corrugated roofing for mesh ceiling.
- $3.20 Square Foot – Special order color metal or Paltruf clear acrylic roof over run.
- $250 Poultry Butler automatic chicken door, installed
- $100 Garden Roof Raised Bed, up to 10sf
- $50 Additional corner beyond 2